In this paper, we would like to introduce Saber (SBR) - a cross-chain stablecoin exchange on Solana. So what is Saber & SBR token? How to buy and where to store SBR token? Is Saber (SBR) a good investment? Let's find out together!
- What is Saber?
- What are Saber’s significant features?
- Detailed information about SBR token
- How to store SBR
- How to buy SBR Token
- Roadmap & Updates
- Is Saber (SBR) a good investment?
- Team, Investors, and Strategic partners
What is Saber?
Saber is a Decentralized Exchange that provides the liquidity foundation for stablecoins, which is a type of cryptocurrency whose value is pegged to another asset, like the US dollar or bitcoin. Users deposit crypto into a Saber liquidity pool to earn passive yield from transaction fees, token-based incentives, and eventually automated DeFi strategies.
What are Saber’s significant features?
Lower slippage than Raydium
As Solana’s core cross-chain stablecoin exchange, Saber has performed as a low-slippage exchange. Compared with Raydium - the first AMM on Solana, Saber has shown a lower slippage, especially on big transactions. Looking at the following picture, market participants can see the difference in slippage between Raydium and Saber.
Supporting more and more token pairs
Since its launch in June 2021, Saber has created 16 pools for users to trade. Check out Saber’s pools on its trading interface here.
Built on Solana
Built on Solana, Saber leverages Solana’s key advantages: low costs and immediate transaction settlements. Users can experience almost no delay when trading.
Detailed information about SBR token
SBR Price Today
Users can check SBR price on Coin98 Markets via: markets.coin98.com/currencies/saber
Coin98 Markets is a price-tracking website for crypto assets in the rapidly growing cryptocurrency space. More specifically, you can view the detailed information of a Token Metric from any project, as well as access the home page or the community page of a project, or filter the coins/tokens by Market Cap, Trading Volume, etc.
Key metrics SBR
- Token Name: Saber.
- Ticker: SBR.
- Blockchain: Solana.
- Contract: Saber2gLauYim4Mvftnrasomsv6NvAuncvMEZwcLpD1
- Token type: Utility, Governance.
- Circulating Supply 99,666,196
- Total Supply 100,130,201
- Max Supply 10,000,000,000
SBR Token Allocation
|Mining Reserve||31.42%||3,141,592,653.00 SBR|
|Partnerships & Ecosystem||25.10%||2,510,100,000.00 SBR|
|Team & Advisors||19.58%||1,957,900,000.00 SBR|
|Strategic Fundraise||15.48%||1,548,100,000.00 SBR|
|Liquidity Reserve||8.42%||842,307,347.00 SBR|
SBR Token Unlock Schedule
A significant portion of the mining reserve (100,000,000.00 SBR or 1% of total token supply) will be distributed during the first two weeks of the liquidity mining program.
SBR Token Use-cases
SBR Token has 2 main use cases:
- Utility: SBR Holders can receive SBR as rewards for providing liquidity to pools.
- Governance: SBR holders will have voting power within the Saber DAO.
How to store SBR
You can store, send, receive SBR Tokens on Coin98 Wallet with a few single steps. The guides on how to make transactions with SBR on Coin98 Wallet are as follows.
Step 1: Open Coin98 Wallet & click Receive on the home screen.
Step 2: Search SBR Token.
Step 3: Click on the correct result, copy the wallet address and send SBR to this address.
How to buy SBR Token
Step 1: Connect the Coin98 Extension Wallet.
Step 2: Choose coin/token for trading: Search SBR.
Step 3: Adjust the amount you want to swap.
Step 4: Adjust the gas fee, then click Approve.
Roadmap & Updates
On August 2nd 2021, Saber has published its Q3 roadmap with following details:
The current focus of Saber is to integrate with other teams/ protocols to provide liquidity and swap assets. Saber plans to partner with protocols coming from all kinds of Categories such as:
- Lending and Borrowing (Acumen);
- Data Analytics (Serum Pulse, DeFi Llama, CoinGecko);
- Asset Management (Step Finance);
- Wallets (Coin98 Wallet);
- Yield Aggregators (SolFarm), etc.
New Assets and Pools
Saber will continue to collaborate with top DeFi projects to offer new assets and pools. Saber also will partner with cross-chain bridges such as Wormhole and Ren to drive liquidity from other chains to Solana.
For example, Wormhole will launch a direct Terra <> Solana bridge that supports natively bridged UST and LUNA.
The Saber Labs team is building an infrastructure that will enable standardized governance. The team is exploring different models for how to guarantee that long-term SBR holders are the ones maintaining voting power within the Saber DAO.
Community and Marketing Efforts
The Saber Labs team will have measurements on their marketing results in efforts to make Saber more well-known.
Is Saber (SBR) a good investment?
Compared to Mercurial Finance - a similar project on Solana, Saber has shown much higher TVL. Users/ communities and projects seem to have more trust and interest in Saber and its incentives. Saber also aims to become an AMM optimized for trading all kinds of pegged assets on Solana.
Market participants also can compare Saber (SBR) to similar projects/ competitors such as Curve Finance; Ellipsis Finance; Belt Finance to have some price forecasts and make their own decisions.
Team, Investors, and Strategic partners
Saber co-founder and CEO is Dylan Macalinao. He was formerly the Head of Product at OKCoin, Design Fellow at IDEO CoLab.
Saber Labs has raised a $7.7 million seed round. The funding was led by Race Capital with the participation of Coin98 Ventures, Chamath Palihapitiya’s Social Capital, Jump Capital, Multicoin Capital and Solana Foundation, among others.
- Solflare: A non-custodial wallet used to stake, store, trade, swap, and send on the Solana blockchain.
- Badger: A decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) aims to build the necessary products and infrastructure to accelerate Bitcoin as collateral across other blockchains.
- Parrot Protocol: The Parrot Protocol is a DeFi network built on Solana that will include the stablecoin PAI, a non-custodial lending market, and a margin trading vAMM.
- Coin98 Wallet: A non-custodial wallet used to store, manage, trade, swap multi-chain, multi-source digital assets. It currently supports all BTC, ETH, TOMO, Tron, Binance Smart Chain, Solana, Polkadot, Kusama, Huobi ECO Chain, Near, Avalanche, Binance Chain, Celo tokens. Coin98 Wallet has both the Mobile App and the Extension version that act as a gateway, connecting users to the DeFi world.
This article has included the most critical and detailed information on Saber (SBR) Token. Please leave any questions you have below, and we will get you back as soon as we can!
AAlso, let’s follow and join groups, channels of Coin98 to share, discuss your idea with admins and other member at: