In this paper, we would like to introduce Raydium - the first AMM built on Solana. We'll be covering the following topics:
- What is Raydium (RAY)? What are Raydium (RAY) features?
- Information about RAY Tokenomic and How to buy, store RAY tokens?
- Roadmap & Team members, Investors, and Strategic partners
- Finanlly, Is RAY a good investment?
Let's find out together!
- What is Raydium?
- Why is Raydium different?
- Detailed information about RAY token
- RAY Price Today
- Key metrics
- RAY Token Allocation
- RAY Token release schedule
- RAY Token Sale
- RAY Token use cases
- How to store RAY
- How to buy RAY
- Roadmap & Updates
- Is Raydium (RAY) a good investment?
- Team, Investors, and Strategic partners
- Similar projects
What is Raydium?
Raydium is an automated market maker (AMM) and liquidity provider built on the Solana blockchain for the Serum decentralized exchange (DEX). Raydium has an advantage as an AMM within Serum and will be an integral part of bringing new and existing projects and protocols into the ecosystem.
Its main features are as follows:
- Orderbook: Through the power of Serum, Raydium brings Orderbooks to AMMs. Leveraging liquidity provided by Serum, Raydium provides users options to place Limit Order, Market Order, etc.
- Raydium DEX: Similar to other AMMs, Raydium allows market participants to make transactions using liquidity provided by its own pools. It aims to serve trading activities between less traded assets. This feature allows users to swap their tokens without the need of orderbooks while enjoying cheap gas and low trading fees.
- Pool: Similar to other AMMs, Liquidity providers will be able to earn rewards for contributing liquidity. Key pools will be incentivized with RAY tokens. Recently, Raydium has introduced permissionless pools, enabling anyone to have the ability to create tradable AMM pools. With that being said, the permissionless pool launch will create extremely solid liquidity for Raydium’s community.
- Farm: Raydium farms are liquidity pools that allow liquidity providers to generate RAY tokens as farming rewards in addition to the trading fees contributed to the pool.
- Staking: If you're holding RAY tokens, staking is an easy way to earn additional RAY.
- AcceleRaytor: AcceleRaytor serves as a launchpad for the latest Solana projects to raise capital and drive initial liquidity.
Why is Raydium different?
Raydium offers a few key advantages:
- Faster and cheaper: Raydium leverages the efficiency of the Solana blockchain to achieve faster transactions and much lower gas fees.
- Access to the ecosystem-wide liquidity from Serum: Other AMM DEXs and DeFi protocols are only able to access liquidity within their own pools and have no access to a central order book, meanwhile Raydium is an AMM built for the Serum DEX, meaning that Raydium allows access to the order flow and solid liquidity of the entire Serum ecosystem. It solves the problem of high slippage and liquidity shortage experienced in big transactions. Market participants now have the ability to express the number of tokens they are willing to trade at any price.
Detailed information about RAY token
RAY Price Today
Users can check RAY price on Coin98 Markets via: markets.coin98.com/currencies/raydium
Coin98 Markets is a price-tracking website for crypto assets in the rapidly growing cryptocurrency space. More specifically, you can view the detailed information of a Token Metric from any project, as well as access the home page or the community page of a project, or filter the coins/tokens by Market Cap, Trading Volume, etc.
- Key Metrics RAY
- Token Name: RAY Token.
- Ticker: RAY.
- Blockchain: Solana.
- Token Standard: SPL.
- Contract: 4k3Dyjzvzp8eMZWUXbBCjEvwSkkk59S5iCNLY3QrkX6R
- Token type: Utility, Governance.
- Circulating Supply: 59,004,299.
- Total Supply and Max Supply: 555,000,000.
RAY Token Allocation
|Partnership & Ecosystem||30%||166,500,000|
|Community & Seed funding||6%||33,300,000|
RAY Token release schedule
|Partnership & Ecosystem||Updating...|
|Team||Locked with a 1 year cliff and unlocked linearly after that for the following 24 months|
|Community & Seed funding||Locked with a 1 year cliff and unlocked linearly after that for the following 24 months|
|Advisors||Locked with a 1 year cliff and unlocked linearly after that for the following 24 months|
RAY Token Sale
There are only few details about the seed round and private round. We will keep you up-to-date if any further details are released by the team.
Public sale: RAY Token launched a Community Pool on Bonfida.
RAY Token use cases
The RAY token has the following utilities:
- Staking: RAY Holders will be able to stake RAY tokens to generate additional yield.
- Limited Governance: RAY Holders are allowed to participate and vote on community proposals and amendments.
How to store RAY
You can store, send, receive RAY Tokens on Coin98 Wallet with a few single steps. The guides on how to make transactions with RAY on Coin98 Wallet are as follows.
Step 1: Open Coin98 Wallet & click Receive on the home screen.
Step 2: Search RAY Token.
Step 3: Click on the correct result, copy the wallet address and send RAY to this address.
How to buy RAY
Step 1: Connect Coin98 Extension Wallet.
Step 2: Choose coins/tokens for trading:
- Choose Coin98 Exchange Solana.
- Search RAY.
Step 3: Adjust the amount you want to swap.
Step 4: Adjust the gas fee, then click Swap.
Beside Coin98 Exchange, you can also buy RAY Token on other Exchange such as: Serum, FTX,…
Roadmap & Updates
Is Raydium (RAY) a good investment?
Below are some highlights for your consideration:
- AMM DEX Raydium: The creation of Permissionless Pools allows any tokens to be listed and traded on Raydium (similar to Uniswap) regardless of their liquidity level.
- Order-book DEX Raydium: Unlike other AMMs, Raydium utilizes Order-Book Mechanisms. It is a breakthrough as Raydium can now support/accommodate big-size transactions using the order-book liquidity, and resolve the regularly-faced issues that most AMMs have currently.
- The following pictures show Solana TVL and Raydium Dominance. Raydium currently ranks the 1st position regarding TVL on Solana blockchain and its TVL has been continuously rising and reached the all-time-high value before the Bitcoin crash in June.
Also, RAY holders can compare the project with similar projects such as Uniswap V2, Pancakeswap, etc. to have some price forecasts.
Team, Investors, and Strategic partners
AlphaRay: Leads overall strategy, operations, product direction and business development for Raydium. With a background in algorithmic trading in commodities, Alpha started market making and liquidity providing for cryptocurrency in 2017.
XRay: Raydium's Chief of Technology and Dev Team leader. X has 8 years of experience as a trading systems architect for both traditional and crypto markets. X designs all of Raydium’s systems and infrastructure as needed.
GammaRay: GammaRay leads marketing and communications while also playing a key role in strategy and product direction. Gamma spent a large part of his career at a leading data analytics and market research firm. Prior to Raydium, Gamma's focus within cryptocurrency has been technical analysis and discretionary trading.
StingRay: An experienced operating system and trading developer. StingRay shifted from an autonomous car driving company to become a senior developer who is accountable for Raydium’s on-chain order book.
RayZor: RayZor mined his first BTC in 2012, his first ETH in 2015 and his first SUSHI since day one. He’s written many smart contracts on Ethereum as well as on BSC. With a degree in systems security engineering and significant experience working as a white hat hacker, RayZor ensures all the capital in Raydium is secured.
ChainSwap: A cross-chain asset bridge & application hub for smart chains.
Wootrade: A layer one trading infrastructure complete with the ability to integrate into any exchange, trading desk, wallet, dApp, or other trading-related platform.
Serum: A decentralized exchange (DEX) and ecosystem built on Solana that brings unprecedented speed and low transaction costs to decentralized finance.
- Orca (ORCA): A pure AMM DEX on Solana which has its own liquidity pools.
- Quickswap (QUICK): A permissionless decentralized exchange (DEX) based on Ethereum, powered by Polygon Network's Layer 2 scalability infrastructure.
- Uniswap (UNI): One of the first fully decentralized exchanges (DEX) built in 2018 on top of the Ethereum blockchain.
- Pancakeswap (CAKE): A decentralized exchange (DEX) that allows users to securely trade a massive variety of BEP-20 tokens quickly and cheaply without relying on centralized services or losing control over their private keys.
This article has included the most critical and detailed information on Raydium (RAY) Token. Please leave any questions you have below, and we will get back to you back as soon as we can!
Also, let’s follow and join groups, channels of Coin98 to share, discuss your idea with admins and other member at: