What Is Orca (ORCA)? Everything you need to know about ORCA Token
- What is Orca?
- Detailed information about ORCA token
- ORCA Price Today
- Key metrics ORCA
- ORCA Token Allocation
- ORCA Token Unlock Schedule
- ORCA Token Use-cases
- ORCA Token Sale
- How to store ORCA
- How to buy ORCA
- Roadmap & Updates
- Is Orca a good investment?
- Team, Investors, and Strategic partners
In this article, we would like to introduce Orca - the only pure AMM DEX on Solana. We'll be covering the following topics:
- What is Orca? What are Orca features?
- Information about ORCA Tokenomic and How to buy, store ORCA tokens?
- Roadmap & Team members, Investors, and Strategic partners
- Finanlly, Is ORCA a good investment?
Let's find out together!
What is Orca?
Orca is a pure AMM DEX on Solana which has its own liquidity pools. Unlike orderbook-based exchanges on Solana, the Orca team believe the simplicity and composability make it the best choice.
What are Orca features?
Orca has 3 main featuress, which are:
- Swap: Orca allows market participants to swap tokens using its own pool. It does not use Serum as a source of liquidity.
- Liquidity pools: Similar to other AMMs, LPs can contribute liquidity to Orca’s pools and receive a part of trading fees as rewards.
- Yield Farming Program - Aquafarms: A set of liquidity pools (not all of the pools) will become Aquafarms. Currently, liquidity providers in Orca’s pools earn trading fees. In contrast, liquidity providers in Aquafarms will earn both trading fees and ORCA tokens. ORCA also plans to add functionality that will allow other projects to add their own tokens as rewards in the future.
What makes Orca different?
Fully audited: Orca uses the token-swap smart contract, which is fully audited and available for anyone to integrate with. Communities/ projects/ market participants can freely create and trade on custom Orca pools.
Speed and low fees: Built on the Solana blockchain, Orca allows lightning-fast swaps and low fees (~1 second settlement, ~$0.00002 gas fees). To LPs, the 0.3% trading fee automatically goes into liquidity pools after every swap.
Detailed information about ORCA token
ORCA Price Today
Users can check ORCA price on Coin98 Markets via: markets.coin98.com/currencies/orca
Coin98 Markets is a price-tracking website for crypto assets in the rapidly growing cryptocurrency space. More specifically, you can view the detailed information of a Token Metric from any project, as well as access the home page or the community page of a project, or filter the coins/tokens by Market Cap, Trading Volume, etc.
Key metrics ORCA
- Token Name: ORCA.
- Ticker: ORCA.
- Blockchain: Solana.
- Contract: orcaEKTdK7LKz57vaAYr9QeNsVEPfiu6QeMU1kektZE
- Token type: Utility, Governance.
- Circulating Supply: 5,250,000 ORCA
- Total Supply: 100,000,000
- Max Supply: 100,000,000
ORCA Token Allocation
|Community, Liquidity Incentives, Airdrop||66.1%|
ORCA Token Unlock Schedule
ORCA Token Use-cases
- Utility: Liquidity providers earn a portion of fees in exchange for the opportunity cost of providing capital or impermanent loss.
- Governance: Currently, 0.3% of all trades on product pools go to liquidity providers. Once the governance token is issued, the distribution will be adjusted as follows:
- 0.25% for Liquidity Providers.
- 0.04% for Orca Treasury.
- 0.01% for Impact Fund.
To understand how the ORCA token accurately reflects Orca’s value, please check out the article of The ORCA Governance Token: True Value on Orca’s Medium.
ORCA Token Sale
How to store ORCA
You can store, send, receive ORCA Tokens on Coin98 Wallet with a few single steps. The guides on how to make transactions with ORCA on Coin98 Wallet are as follows.
Step 1: Open Coin98 Wallet & click Receive on the home screen.
Step 2: Search ORCA Token.
Step 3: Click on the correct result, copy the wallet address and send ORCA to this address.
Beside Coin98 Wallet, you can also store ORCA Token on other supported Wallet such as: Phantom, Sollet, Solflare and MathWallet.
How to buy ORCA
Step 1: Connect Coin98 Extension Wallet.
Step 2: Choose coins/tokens for trading:
- Choose Coin98 Exchange Solana at the top of the trading screen
- Search ORCA.
Step 3: Adjust the amount you want to swap.
Step 4: Adjust the gas fee, then click Swap.
On the order hand, you can also buy ORCA on Serum DEX.
Roadmap & Updates
The Orca project and its team has not published any details on its roadmap. However, according to the Orca team, there are a number of major features in development coming in next several months, including:
- The Solar Bridge (a UI for Wormhole, a decentralized bridge from Ethereum to Solana).
- Stable Pools (highly efficient trading of stablecoins and other similar-valued pairs).
- And UI localization.
Is Orca a good investment?
Below are some insights/ highlights which hopefully will help market participants make investment decisions.
- Since its introduction in February and especially its token launch in August, Orca has shown an impressive growth. Its total value locked increased substantially 4 times in August 2021 which placed the protocol at the 7th rank of top highest TVL projects on the Solana chain.
- At the Orca’s first AMA, the team said its stable swap function will use the same implementation as Curve but on the Solana blockchain.
- The team also confirmed that they have no plan to incorporate Serum/Raydium liquidity, but they do expect liquidity to go up over time as there are more features coming on Orca. It is very exciting to see what those features are in the future.
Team, Investors, and Strategic partners
Yutaro Mori, aka rawfalafel, is one of the co-founders of Orca. He is an industry-trained software engineer who foresaw an opportunity in cryptocurrency during the 2017 bull market and quit his 9-to-5 software job. he earned his DeFi stripes as a contributor to the Eth 2.0 Golang client and an engineer at UMA
Grace Kwan, aka Ori, is Orca’s other co-founder and Head of Product. She has earned her B.S and M.S. in Computer Science at Stanford. She worked as a software engineer at Coursera and an interaction designer at IDEO Tokyo. She specializes in turning complex technical systems into simpler products which users love.
Michael Hwang, aka tmoc, is Orca's first employee. His deep understanding of the crypto space lies in his degen DNA and he has experience at both small startups and software giants such as Google.
Milan Patel, aka milan, is Orca’s marketing mastermind. After graduating with a degree in Economics / International Development from Georgetown, he worked for the big banks at McKinsey.
This article has included the most critical and detailed information on Orca (ORCA) Token. Please leave any questions you have below, and we will get you back as soon as we can!
Also, let’s follow and join groups, channels of Coin98 to share, discuss your idea with admins and other member at: