- What is Cardstarter?
- How does Cardstarter work?
- What is CARDS Token?
- Detailed information about CARDS Token
- CARDS Price Today
- CARDS Key Metrics
- CARDS Token Allocation
- CARDS Token Sale
- CARDS Token Release Schedule
- CARDS Token Use Case
- How to get CARDS Token
- How to buy CARDS tokens on Coin98 Exchange
- How to store CARDS Token
- Roadmap & Updates
- Team, Investors, and Partners
- Is Cardstarter (CARDS) a good investment?
- Similar Projects
Launchpad is the place where new projects are publicly launched to raise funds from investors. This is a huge opportunity for crypto lovers to gain massive profits out of a small early investment though there are also potential risks of scams.
Initial Dex Offering (IDO) is the ideal solution for mutual trust in the crypto world. This is why Cardstarter exists to help users gain trust and projects overcome the lack of funds.
The article below will provide all the detailed information about Cardstarter, including:
- What is Cardstarter and the CARDS token? How does it work?
- Specific details about CARDS token and it’s tokenomic including its up-to-date price, key metrics, distribution and use cases.
- How to get a CARDS? Where to store it?
- Cardstarter roadmap and updates & details about team, investors and partners.
Let’s get started!
What is Cardstarter?
Cardstarter is a project accelerator that helps new projects launch their IDO token sale on Cardano. Basically, its primary goal is to connect investors with new ideas deployed on Cardano. Investors can participate in low-risk opportunities backed by the Cardstarter insurance treasury. This means projects launched on the platform have to make a commitment in case of failure.
In the past, it was easy to lose money in most initial coin offerings (ICOs). ICO participants distrusted new projects which made it hard for real projects to raise funds. Cardano’s ambition is to help projects with sustainable growth paths.
On Cardstater, crypto projects are now able to raise funds from supportive investors. When conducting proper fundraising, projects can have a sufficient fund to leverage their potential for future success.
How does Cardstarter work?
Cardstarter uses a tiered system to conduct projects’ IDOs. CARDS holders are granted guaranteed allocations to seed rounds, presales, and public sales of projects on the platform.
To participate in IDO on Cardstarter, investors need to stake CARDS first and then register for Live IDOs. All registered accounts are locked for 7 days.
KYC is required on the platform in order to eliminate system manipulation attempts. Investors need to finish KYC 24 hours after the registration window is closed.
Since the platform on Ethereum hasn’t migrated to the Cardano blockchain yet, it requires ETH as gas fees for the staking and registration step. Investors must use the same wallet address during the registration process.
Cardstarter Tier System:
- Wild Card tiers range from 100 to 1000 CARDS tokens. It selects fortunate investors to receive a guaranteed allocation based on a random lottery. Lottery odds are the chance to get the guaranteed slot.
- Face Card tiers reserve guaranteed allocation for investors having 1500 to 21000 CARDS tokens.
- Pool Weight simply means that the bigger the number, the more tokens investors receive.
A small portion of the raised fund will be transferred to the Insurance Fund to protect the community from the potential risks of investing in failed projects.
First Come, First Serve (FCFS) is a sale program for remaining tokens after the whitelist sale. All the registered participants who completed KYC are eligible to buy those tokens with a 2x Pool Weight.
As developers launch their ideas in the Cards Accelerator Program, they will receive extra support from the network effect of Cardstarter’s partners, including:
- Social Media Strategy (Twitter, Telegram, Web).
- Branding support.
- Community Development and Awareness.
- Graphical and Web3 Development.
- Token Engineering.
- Security Audits.
What is CARDS Token?
CARDS is the main token of Cardstarter that is available on the Ethereum blockchain. The CARDS token is used as a registering ticket/voucher to participate in IDOs of new projects. Projects only accept ETH as payment in their pools to get their tokens, not CARDS. However, Cardstarter migration is expected to happen in Q4 this year.
Detailed information about CARDS Token
CARDS Price Today
Currently, you can track the price of CARDS on Coin98 Markets: https://markets.coin98.com/currencies/cardstarter
Coin98 Markets is a website that helps users to get updates of the real-time prices, as well as view the detailed information of a Token Metric from any project. More specifically, you can access the home page or the community page of a project or filter the coins/tokens by Market Cap, Trading Volume, etc.
CARDS Key Metrics
- Token Name: CardStarter Token.
- Ticker: CARDS.
- Blockchain: Ethereum.
- Token Standard: ERC20.
- Contract: 0x3d6f0dea3ac3c607b3998e6ce14b6350721752d9.
- Token Type: Utility.
- Max Supply: 10,000,000 CARDS.
- Circulating Supply: Updating…
Note: Cardstarter is a launchpad for projects on Cardano, but CARDS tokens are live on the Ethereum blockchain. According to the roadmap, they plan to migrate the platform to Cardano.
CARDS Token Allocation
The CARDS Token has a total max supply of 10,000,000 tokens distributed as follows:
- Public Sale: 30%.
- Private Sale: 20%.
- Team: 20%.
- Liquidity: 13%.
- Partnerships: 8%.
- Ecosystem: 7%.
- Advisors: 2%.
CARDS Token Sale
CARDS Token Release Schedule
- Private Sale Allocation: 10% at TGE, 22.5% per month for 4 months.
- Public Sale Allocation: 10% at TGE, 22.5% per month for 4 months.
CARDS Token Use Case
Currently, CARDS tokens are only used for IDO participation. Staking CARDS is required to participate in the tiered system. Each participant will receive a card representing the tier based on the amount of stake.
How to get CARDS Token
You can get CARDS through multiple Ethereum-based decentralized exchanges: Uniswap, 1inch Exchange, etc.
Instead of buying on different exchanges, providing liquidity on Cardstarter is a way to earn CARDS tokens.
How to buy CARDS tokens on Coin98 Exchange
Step 1: Connect to the Coin98 Extension Wallet.
Step 2: Select Uniswap.
Step 3: Choose coins/tokens for trading:
- Search CARDS.
- If the result does not come up, you can paste the contract of CARDS into the search box: 0x3d6f0dea3ac3c607b3998e6ce14b6350721752d9;
Step 4: Adjust the amount you want to swap.
Step 5: Adjust the gas fee, then click Approve.
How to store CARDS Token
You can store, send, receive CARDS tokens on Coin98 Wallet with a few single steps. The guides on how to make transactions with CARDS on Coin98 Wallet are as follows.
Step 1: Open Coin98 Wallet & click Receive on the home screen.
Step 2: Search CARDS Token.
Step 3: Click on the correct result, copy the wallet address and send CARDS to this address.
Roadmap & Updates
Team, Investors, and Partners
Aatash Amir is the CEO of Cardstarter, he developed his first POW coin in 2013. Spending years helping many projects to grow to over $350M in capitalization, he is now focusing on Cardstarter in the CEO position to lead to the higher apex.
Brandon Kazakoff is the COO of Cardstarter, he has considerable experience in the enterprise management and blockchain industry.
Cardstarter formed multiple mutual relationships with investors and partners. They all share the network of community and everything is linked together as a whole. Especially, Cardstarter and Coin98 Ventures are joining hands to make blockchain into public adoption.
Cardstarter partnered with a KYC platform named Fractal, so users only need to complete KYC once to participate in all the future IDOs on Cardstarter.
Chainlink is an oracle company bridging the gap between the blockchain world and the real world. Cardstarter also formed a partnership with Chainlink to get data feeds from the real world into the platform.
Is Cardstarter (CARDS) a good investment?
From the beginning, Cardstarter chose to launch its platform and CARDS tokens on Ethereum to be the first launchpad supporting new projects on Cardano. This was a strategic move from the Cardstarter team, which yielded a huge success. There are some key highlights from Coin98 for investment considerations:
- Cardstarter targets projects on Cardano which is a new emerging ecosystem with blockchain 3.0 technologies. In Sep 2021, Cardano’s Alonzo mainnet upgrade was released, allowing developers to deploy their Dapps on the blockchain. So those developers need a platform as the launchpad to leverage striking ideas.
- Projects are supported by over 13 large VCs and partners of Cardstater as well as the Cardano community, forming a consonant network effect. Therefore, Cardstarter is a go-to platform for Dapps to flourish.
- A minimum of 100 CARDS tokens is required to participate in IDOs on Cardstarter. The token can only be bought on Uniswap with relatively high gas fees for transitions, limiting users. However, since the platform will migrate to Cardano in Q4 2021, developers are looking forward to launching their Dapps on a Cardano-based IDO platform.
Previous IDOs launched on Cardstarter showed exponential growth in terms of token price. This made profits for multiple early investors, which spreads the popularity of the platform. To evaluate any IDO platform, the ROI performance is the most important metric.
DeFi on Cardano is still developing fast, multiple project teams are rushing to deploy their amazing ideas on the Cardano blockchain. However, with a small initial investment, participants can get a small chance to get the token allocation. This may cause small investors to disbelieve in the platform if they constantly miss the chance to buy project tokens.
Cardstarter organizes a hackathon named Hack Cardano with a total prize of $220,000 for winning projects. This incentivizes projects to launch on the platform, enhancing the network effect for future expansion.
In my point of view, Cardstarter needs to migrate its IDO platform to Cardano as soon as possible as the Cardano mainnet was launched. And as usual, whether it is worth investing or not, Do Your Own Research before buying and be responsible for your investment.
For every blockchain, the launchpad is a must-have accelerator for projects with great ideas to flourish. Therefore, there’s a highly competitive race of launchpads on Cardano and also other blockchains, namely:
- On Cardano: OccamFi is directly competing with Cardstarter in the Cardano ecosystem. Recently, Emurgo, one of the core organizations of Cardano, released Astarter to accelerate DeFi development on Cardano.
- On other blockchains: DAOMaker, Polkastarter, and Binance launchpad are leading the launchpad sector.
Cardstarter gained its initial success being the first launchpad on Cardano. However, the race is still long and there are strong opponents who are ready to compete with Cardstarter.
That is all you need to know about Cardstarter and its CARDS token. I hope you’ve gained helpful insights to understand the potential behind Cardstarter.
If you want to know further about Cardstarter, please leave a comment below and join Coin98 Community for further discussions about Crypto.