Coin98 Wallet, a non-custodial, multi-chain wallet and DeFi gateway, is currently one of the most popular digital wallets trusted by hundreds of thousands of users globally.
Don’t know where to begin? Don’t worry, this article will guide you through the basics of the Coin98 Wallet Universe step-by-step. Let’s get started!
- What is Coin98 Wallet?
- How to install Coin98 Wallet
- How to register for an account on Coin98 Wallet
- How to create and restore wallets on Coin98 Wallet
- How to send and receive coins & tokens on Coin98 Wallet
- Other concepts you need to know when using Coin98 Wallet
- Some final words
What is Coin98 Wallet?
Coin98 Wallet is a non-custodial wallet used to store, manage, trade, swap multi-chain, multi-source digital assets. It currently supports more than 7000 coins and tokens on the most popular blockchains, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, TomoChain, TRON, Binance Chain, Solana, Celo, Binance Smart Chain, Polkadot, Huobi ECO Chain, Kusama, Near, Avalanche.
Coin98 Wallet has both the Mobile App and the Extension version, acting as a gateway to connect users to the DeFi world.
How to install Coin98 Wallet
Install Coin98 Wallet on Mobile
Download through these links:
Install Coin98 Extension Wallet
- Step 1: Go to chrome.coin98.app or search Coin98 on Chrome Web Store.
- Step 2: Click Add to Chrome.
- Step 3: Click Add Extension.
- Step 4: Click the Extension icon on the toolbar, then click the Pin icon for faster and easier access.
How to register for an account on Coin98 Wallet
To start using the app, you need to register for an account. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Choose your preferred language (Vietnamese, English or Chinese).
- Step 2: Insert your email address.
- Step 3: Insert the confirmation code that is sent to this email address, as well as the referral code (if applicable).
- Step 4: Set your profile picture (if any), an account name, a display name and password.
How to create and restore wallets on Coin98 Wallet
Creating a new wallet on Coin98 Wallet
After logging in to the app’s home screen, you can create a Multi-chain wallet by following these steps:
- Step 1: Click Add Wallet.
- Step 2: Choose the corresponding icon for the wallet you want to create. We recommend creating a Multi-chain wallet for your convenience.
- Step 3: Insert a name for the wallet and click Create.
- Step 4: Save your Passphrase, then copy and paste it into the Confirmation box.
- Step 5: Tick the little confirmation box underneath and complete.
Note: Passphrase is a very important information, in case of logging out of your account, you may lose all money in your wallet if you do not have Passphrase to restore it. So make sure that you have saved your Passphrase carefully and securely.
Restoring a wallet on Coin98 Wallet
Already had a wallet before? You can easily restore it in 4 simple steps:
- Step 1: Click Add Wallet.
- Step 2: Choose the corresponding icon for the wallet you are restoring, click Restore Wallet.
- Step 3: Insert the wallet’s name & passphrase, then click Connect.
- Step 4: After the wallet’s address appears on the screen, click Restore and complete.
How to send and receive coins & tokens on Coin98 Wallet
How to receiving coins/tokens to Coin98 Wallet
There are 2 ways to receive coins/tokens.
The first one is:
- Step 1: Choose the wanted coin/token displayed on the home screen.
- Step 2: Click Receive.
- Step 3: Copy the wallet address and send the coin/token to this address.
Or the second way:
- Step 1: Click Receive.
- Step 2: Type the coin/token’s name on the search bar.
- Step 3: Click on the receive icon next to the token’s name.
- Step 4: Copy the wallet address and send the coin/token to this address.
How to sending coins/tokens from Coin98 Wallet
Follow these steps to send coins/tokens from Coin98 Wallet:
- Step 1: Choose the coin/token you want to send.
- Step 2: Click Send.
- Step 3: Insert the amount and the recipient’s wallet address.
- Step 4: Slide Send to complete.
You can adjust the gas fee according to your needs. If you’re wondering what gas fee is, keep reading for the full information!
Other concepts you need to know when using Coin98 Wallet
What makes Coin98 Wallet reliable?
As a non-custodial wallet, Coin98 Wallet never saves the users’ key, but rather lets them have absolute control over their key and assets.
To start using Coin98 Mobile Wallet, users need to register for an account with their email address. However, this account only controls the in-app settings, not the actual wallet.
Instead, the wallet is controlled by a unique Private Key and Passphrase. The private key and passphrase are provided right after you have created a wallet, and whoever has access to this unique key, has the control over your wallet.
Coin98 Wallet has absolutely no control over your assets, therefore, it is impossible for hackers to get your private key by hacking into the system. You need to, however, save and store your private key carefully to avoid some risks, such as your phone being tapped, stolen, or loss of private key.
What is Gas Fee on Coin98 Wallet?
Gas fee is a fee paid to a network so as to complete a transaction on a blockchain.
The gas fee’s unit is different on each blockchain. For example, the gas fee’s unit on Ethereum blockchain is GWEI, and it is paid for with ETH; similarly, users pay with SOL on Solana; BNB-BEP20 and BNB-BEP2 on Binance Smart Chain and Binance Chain, DOT on Polkadot, etc. The gas fee to complete any transaction on any blockchain is paid with that blockchain’s parent token.
The list of coins/tokens used to pay for the gas fee on different blockchains is as follows:
- Father Token: The coin used to pay gas fee on its corresponding blockchain.
- Child Token: The token standard supported on its corresponding blockchain.
Some final words
If you’ve made it here, congratulations for completing Coin98 Wallet’s basic training. Hopefully this guide has provided you with all the necessary information. You can always check out this website for even more helpful blogs like this!
Now dive in & explore the Coin98 Wallet Universe yourself!