Cardstarter is one of the leading launchpads on the Cardano blockchain. It has launched 14 projects on the platform with incredible ROIs since the platform release. The number of Cardano-based projects being launched is still growing as the Cardano ecosystem is expanding.
The most recent project accelerated on the platform was Ridotto with an average ATH ROI of over 1,000%.
From now on, there will be numerous new Cardano-based projects ready to raise funds, which are opportunities for investors. Therefore, in this article, I will walk you through how to participate in an IDO on Cardstarter.
So let’s get started!
- Cardstarter Overview
- How Cardstarter selects whitelist winners
- Preparations before participating
- How to participate in Cardstarter IDO
- FAQ about Cardstarter IDO
- What are some notable projects launched on Cardstarter?
- How to buy CARDS?
- If I completed KYC for a previous IDO, do I need to repeat it?
- How much is the gas fee on Cardstarter?
- When will Cardstarter migrate to Cardano?
- What is CardSwap?
Cardstarter is an IDO platform that is specifically designed to accelerate new startup projects on Cardano. In other words, its primary goal is to connect investors with outstanding ideas, benefiting both investors and the project, also the Cardano ecosystem.
The platform has launched several notable Cardano-based projects. Those projects received funds and support from investors, helping the team with almost no initial credit.
Cardstarter is now dominating the launchpad market on Cardano. It has a reputation for fully supporting projects that rush to deploy their ideas.
How Cardstarter selects whitelist winners
To participate in an IDO on Cardstarter, investors must stake a certain number of CARDS tokens 7 days upon registration.
The Cardstarter Tiered System:
- Wild Card tiers range from 100 to 1000 CARDS tokens. It selects lucky investors to receive a guaranteed allocation based on a random lottery. Lottery odds are the chance to get the guaranteed slot.
- Face Card tiers reserve guaranteed allocation for investors having 1500 to 20000 CARDS tokens.
- Pool Weight simply means that the bigger the number, the more tokens investors receive.
A small portion of the raised fund will be transferred to the Insurance Fund to protect the community from the potential risks of investing in failed projects.
First Come, First Serve (FCFS) is a sale program for the remaining tokens after the whitelist sale. All registered participants who completed KYC are eligible to buy those tokens with a 2x Pool Weight.
Preparations before participating
To be qualified for a token allocation, you have to prepare the following requirements:
- CARDS tokens: The minimum entrance requirement of IDOs on Cardstarter is 100 CARDS. You can buy CARDS on Coin98 Exchange here.
- KYC: The platform requires investors to complete the KYC process provided by Fractal.
- ETH: Cardstarter is still running on the Ethereum blockchain and will migrate to Cardano in Q4 2021. As a result, the platform requires ETH as gas fees. In addition, projects launched on the Cardstarter platform accept only ETH, not CARDS, as payment in their pools to receive their tokens.
How to participate in Cardstarter IDO
Step 1: Go to the Cardstarter website: https://cardstarter.io/
Click Go to App to the Cardstarter launchpad.
Step 2: To connect the Coin98 Extension Wallet, click Not Connected or Please connect your Ethereum Wallet. Enter the password of the extension and click Connect.
Note: Cardstarter connects to the ERC20 wallet since it is running on the Ethereum blockchain.
Step 3: Click Staking and deposit your staking amount of CARDS tokens. Investors will receive the tier based on the amount of staked CARDS.
Step 4: KYC via Fractal is required to participate in IDOs on Cardstarter.
This prevents fraud and system manipulation activities. Fractal is Cardstarter’s significant partner, and investors can complete KYC here.
Go to the mailbox, find the verification email, and click Sign in to Fractal ID to complete the email registration.
Fill in the required fields of information and complete the registration form. The KYC process will finish after a while. If the KYC is successful, it will display this message:
Step 5: Go to the Pools Cardstarter to look for live IDOs. Received tokens will be locked for 7 days after the IDO.
You have successfully enrolled in a token sale on Cardstarter. In the future, you will be notified if you are selected as a whitelist winner.
FAQ about Cardstarter IDO
What are some notable projects launched on Cardstarter?
- Charli3: A pioneer oracle project aims to provide exclusive data feeds to Cardano-based projects. In April 2021, Charli3 had an ATH ROI over 100x since it is the first oracle project on Cardano and the first IDO project on Cardstarter.
- GeroWallet: A next-generation Web3 wallet for DeFi applications on Cardano. This wallet lets users buy, store, receive, send, and swap any crypto asset with a user-friendly interface. The GERO token had a better performance of ATH ROI than Charli3 with over 100x.
- World Mobile Token: A blockchain-based solution to enhance a sharing economy for telecommunication infrastructure. This massive project has a huge potential since it targets
How to buy CARDS?
If I completed KYC for a previous IDO, do I need to repeat it?
KYC only has to be completed once. The verified KYC information is stored in Fractal and linked to the email account.
How much is the gas fee on Cardstarter?
When will Cardstarter migrate to Cardano?
According to the Cardstarter roadmap, the team plans to migrate the platform to Cardano in Q4 2021. The ERC20 CARDS tokens will be converted 1:1 to Cardano after the migration.
What is CardSwap?
Cardstarter has been building a DEX solution, CardSwap, since the success of the platform. This feature will be released later and enable investors to swap projects’ tokens directly on the Cardstarter platform.
And that is all you need to know to participate in an IDO on Cardstarter. Hopefully, this article can help you get started on Cardstarter with the Coin98 Mobile Wallet and the Coin98 Extension Wallet.
If there are any questions, please feel free to comment below or join Coin98 Community for further discussions about Crypto!